With your help, the ParentsTogether community accomplished so much in 2023! Alongside our inspiring network of parents and advocates, we have secured some huge victories for families and kids. Here’s what we accomplished together this year—
- The Pregnant Workers Fairness Act passed—Tens of thousands of ParentsTogether members signed petitions, sent emails, made phone calls, rallied at the Capitol, attended advocacy meetings, shared our stories, and even showed up in Senate Majority Leader Schumer’s lobby to secure reasonable accommodations for pregnant workers such as additional breaks, relief from heavy lifting, and extra time off, without requiring a doctor’s note.
- The PUMP Act passed—Alongside our efforts to pass the PWFA, we rallied behind the PUMP Act, which will finally ensure that all workers have the crucially needed space, time, and privacy to pump milk at work for their babies. Both of these bills will be a game-changer for expecting and new parents in the workplace.
- We launched a campaign to protect WIC—We gathered nearly 40,000 signatures in support of fully funding the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC). We submitted over 2,500 public comments to the USDA in support of the program, and published an op ed about it in Common Dreams.
- We held a School Board 101 training—More than 1,000 people registered for our School Board 101 training to learn about the role of school boards and how to be effective advocates at school board meetings.
- We demanded more from Big Tech—We gathered over 100,000 signatures on petition campaigns supporting regulations for tech and social media companies to make them more kid-safe. We also launched a national advocacy training program that trained more than 50 parents to advocate for tech accountability, and worked alongside families who have bravely shared the stories of their children who have suffered serious harm or tragically died due to social media risks like cyberbullying and sexual exploitation. (Learn more about becoming a Parent Storyteller here!)
- We launched a new parenting newsletter—Our new 5-Minute Parenting Power-Up is a weekly round-up of fun family activities, news that impacts parents, and insightful tips to support you wherever you are in your parenting journey.
None of these victories would have happened without you. To say thank you for being here and helping us make these huge advancements for families, we have some gifts for you! We hope they help make your New Year even brighter.
Playlists for the whole family
We’ve got two new kid-friendly Spotify playlists for you!
2023 Dance Party
Here are all the biggest hits of 2023 that your whole family can jam to. Put this one on for a fun New Year’s Eve dance party, or any time your kids need to get their wiggles out!
But kids aren’t always in the mood for a dance party, right? We’ve got you covered there, too! These playlists can help your kids process all kinds of difficult emotions, like…
Sadness and grief
Anger and frustration
Fear and anxiety
Loneliness and boredom
Fun printable activities
For lots of families, the holiday season means lots of quality time together, and maybe even some time off from work and school! These printable activities will keep your kids entertained and engaged during their days at home.
Year-end reflections and resolutions
Looking back on 2023 and looking ahead to 2024 together can be such a fun way to bond as a family. Bonus: it also models important skills like self-reflection and goal-setting for your kids!
Some kids truly never get tired of coloring! Here are tons of printable coloring pages to keep them entertained for hours.
Scripts for Parents
Finally, our biggest hit series of the year, Scripts for Parents—where we break down exactly how to respond to your kid’s toughest questions. Here are the most popular installments of Scripts for Parents curated just for you!
Thank you for being with us in 2023, and beyond!
Please reach out to us via email at [email protected] or DM us on Instagram @parentstogether if you have questions or suggestions for content that would be helpful for your family. And if you love these gifts—not to mention helping ALL families thrive—and are able to help support our work in the coming year, please consider a donation! With helpful gifts from families like yours, we can keep working together to share useful info to support parents and push forward important policies to help families thrive.