Still feel like you have a lot to learn about COVID-19? That’s OK. (We can’t all be Dr. Fauci.)
Take our coronavirus quiz — inspired by the team at BrainPop — and learn more about how you and your family can stay safe. (Correct answers are reported at the end.)
Here we go!
1. A virus infects a host so that it can:
- Take in nutrients
- Make the host sick
- Replicate itself
- Destroy host cells
2. Coronavirus infections are likely to be more serious for people who are:
- In their teens
- Frequent travelers
3. A virus outbreak occurs when the virus:
- Worsens symptoms
- Spreads to more organs
- Causes deaths
- Infects more hosts
4. Which practice prevents the spread of germs?
- Frequent handwashing
- Reusing tissues
- Coughing in hands
5. Covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze is recommended to help prevent germs from:
- Infecting you
- Leaving your body
- Making others sick
1. A virus infects a host so that it can: 3. Replicate itself.
2. Coronavirus infections are likely to be more serious for people who are: 4. Immunocompromised.
3. A virus outbreak occurs when the virus: 4. Infects more hosts.
4. Which practice prevents the spread of germs? 1. Frequent handwashing.
5. Covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze is recommended to help prevent germs from: 3. Making others sick.
Congratulations! You finished the quiz. Ready to learn more about COVID-19 symptoms for families and kids? Check out our guide here.
Stay home. Stay safe. And stay informed!
This article is brought to you through a nonprofit, newsroom partnership with our friends at ProgressPop.
Dealing with school closures, childcare issues, or other challenges related to coronavirus? Find support, advice, activities to keep kids entertained, learning opportunities and more in our Coronavirus Parents: Parenting in a Pandemic Facebook Group.
For ongoing updates on coronavirus-related issues and questions that impact children and families, please find additional resources here.