Today’s Magic Moment
Keep it safe tips
I first started taking a bath with my baby because I found it easier to wash and hold him if I was in the tub, too. But it can be pretty tricky getting in and out, especially if you’re solo.
Here are some ways to keep it safe:
- Always check the water temperature before you get into the tub (you want it warm, but not too hot)
- Have everything you need within arm’s reach (baby soap, towels, washcloths, bath toys)
- Place your baby’s car seat or a bouncy chair next to the tub, with a towel inside
- Put baby in the seat while you get into the tub (get out the same way)
- Bring baby in with you, and relax. Once baby is all clean, chest to chest time is especially yummy.
For older babies
- If your baby is on the cusp of sitting up, but not quite there yet – bathing together can be a great way to support her, while also enjoying some play time.