Today’s Magic Moment
Keep it safe tips
I first started taking a bath with my baby because I found it easier to wash and hold him if I was in the tub, too. But it can be pretty tricky getting in and out, especially if you’re solo.
Here are some ways to keep it safe:
- Always check the water temperature before you get into the tub (you want it warm, but not too hot)
- Have everything you need within arm’s reach (baby soap, towels, washcloths, bath toys)
- Place your baby’s car seat or a bouncy chair next to the tub, with a towel inside
- Put baby in the seat while you get into the tub (get out the same way)
- Bring baby in with you, and relax. Once baby is all clean, chest to chest time is especially yummy.
For older babies
- If your baby is on the cusp of sitting up, but not quite there yet – bathing together can be a great way to support her, while also enjoying some play time.
Dealing with school closures, childcare issues, or other challenges related to coronavirus? Find support, advice, activities to keep kids entertained, learning opportunities and more in our Coronavirus Parents: Parenting in a Pandemic Facebook Group.
For ongoing updates on coronavirus-related issues and questions that impact children and families, please find additional resources here.