Today’s Magic Moment
If 2D reading is about reading what’s on the page, 3D reading is all about making the book come alive. Here’s how to bring books to life:
Great questions to make every book more fun:
- Why do you think he did that?
- What do you think is going to happen next?
- How do you think she’s feeling right now?
- What’s that a picture of?
- How is this making you feel?
- When the book says ______, do you know what that means?
- Has anything like that ever happened to you?
- Can you find a “P” on this page? How many can you count?
- What do you think that word might be?
Board books vs. bored books
Even the best books can start to get old on the 50th go-round. Try singing, or even rapping, them to keep them fresh.
For inspiration, I give you the awesomeness of Ludacris performing “Llama Llama”: